BLACK TUSK NORDIC EVENTS SOCIETY hosts high-level Nordic events with a focus on encouraging sport excellence to the World Championship and Olympic levels. We are committed to fostering community and driving economic opportunities for Nordic Sports in the Sea to Sky corridor. Between now and 2023 we will host a variety of events in preparation for the World Junior Championships.
- Enhance the interest of Canadians of all ages in the sports of cross-country skiing, ski jumping, and Nordic combined;
- Inspire young skiers to become high performance athletes;
- Support a new wave of cross country athletes that will come of age as final year juniors and U23s in 2023. This event would act as a perfect steppingstone for their World Cup and Olympic careers. It will also put the focus on Nordiq Canada’s NextGen program. The sport is in a rebuild phase with their athlete pipeline, with the focus on the 2026 and 2030 Olympic Games and a return to being a medal contender at those events;
- Utilise this event to build and establish ongoing organisational capacity and related partnerships able to deliver future events and develop a long-term event hosting strategy;
- Promote the Sea-to-Sky Corridor as destinations of choice for sport, travel/tourism and cultural activities;
- Update and utilize Whistler Olympic Park (a 2010 Olympic legacy venue), which is the only site in Canada that has the capacity to host an FIS Nordic World Championship;
- Attract broad attendance through extensive event promotion in British Columbia and in the North-Western U.S.;
- Bring visibility of private and public partner groups to national and international audiences;
- Exceed FIS Nordic Junior & U23 Cross Country World Championship standards in provision of services and support for visiting athletes, coaches, officials and media;
- Utilize sound financial management principles and leverage volunteer support to ensure that the event is successfully completed, within budget, and that all funds received are deployed in optimal fashion;
- Achieve worldwide television / livestreaming broadcast especially in Europe and in the Canadian market, including beauty shots of Sea-to-Sky region;
- Deliver a “green”, environmentally conscious and sustainable event in collaboration with Whistler Olympic Park, the OC and specific venue partners;
- Offer bilingual language services for visitors; and,
- Clearly demonstrate Canada’s capacity as it relates to the presentation and hosting of world class events in order to obtain future opportunities.